With the COVID-19 Pandemic, Spring seemed to come and go all while we stayed close to home… but oddly enough, the Real Estate market continued to chug along as Sellers still needed to sell and Buyers still needed to purchase homes! Are you considering selling your home? If so, you should know the importance of staging to sell! We at Castle Hills Real Estate provide staging free of charge as part of our services, however, if your Real Estate professional does not, here are some helpful tips for staging your home:
- The FIRST thing you should do (& what we ask of all our Clients) is to clean and de-clutter your home.
- Ask family members to pitch in with the cleaning. Consider having a garage sale to get rid of unwanted items; or donate to your favorite charity location.
- Hire a professional cleaning service to help with daunting tasks such as window cleaning, grout cleaning or carpet cleaning.
- Make small obvious repairs that you have neglected as part of your process!
- Get rid of fake plants! Replacing an old dusty Ficus tree with a live palm or planting a flat of fresh flowers in your front beds will make a huge difference and will let potential buyers know that the Sellers really cared about their home!
- Remove large furniture and rearrange remaining items to create an open feeling with a good traffic flow.
- Let the natural light shine in! As mentioned above, have your windows cleaned! Also remove any heavy &/or “taste specific” window coverings. Make sure all light fixtures are sparkling clean and replace any missing bulbs.
- Accessorize with a common theme. Use pillows, canvas art and décor touches that are similar in style and color throughout your entire home…this allows each room to flow from one to the next effortlessly and makes the home feel fresh and updated.
- Enhance your front entrance. Since your front door and entry way are the first thing your Buyers will see, make sure they look great! Clean front side light windows, paint the door if needed, and sweep (or even power wash) the bricks/cement. Add a nice Welcome mat, new house numbers, pot of flowers or exterior light fixture as well!
You don’t need to spend a ton of money to get your home into selling shape…just a little “know how” and elbow grease should make your home stand out from the rest. Let us at Castle Hills Real Estate help YOU this Spring… stage to sell! Contact us today at (214) 449-1022!